- A 599cc, four-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio provides exceptionally potent, high-revving performance.
- Shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes help ensure efficient performance.
- Class leading Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system includes fine-spray 8-hole injectors, providing improved fuel atomization contributing to more complete combustion in the cylinder.
- Advanced, MotoGP-developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise ignition timing across the range of engine temperatures.
- Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed with the Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology and optimized camshaft profiles was developed using proven MotoGP racing technology.
- A 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system features a titanium muffler, which carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve. The system maximizes torque and improves throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid RPM range.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road conditions and personal preference.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase helps reduce friction, improve heat transfer, increase durability and provide better ring seal.
- A six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Race-developed, lightweight 41mm Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.
- A lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame is made of five cast sections and features a cast swingarm.
- An electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at lower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- Front brakes feature fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.
- A single Showa rear shock features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
- 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever, and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
- Instrument cluster features an analog tachometer with LCD readouts of the speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicators.
- Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine RPM indicator.
- Small, simple and lightweight bodywork featuring exciting, aerodynamic styling
- Engine: 599cc, 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0 mm x 42.5 mm (2.638 in x 1.673 in)
- Compression Ratio: 12.9 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki Fuel Injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive: RK525SMOZ8, 114 links, Chain
- Suspension Front: Inverted Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Brembo, Disc, Twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Color: Metallic Triton Blue / Pearl Glacier White, Pearl Mira Red / Pearl Glacier White
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Dimensions and Curb Weight
- Overall Length: 2030 mm (79.9 in)
- Overall Width: 710 mm (28.0 in)
- Wheelbase: 1385 mm (54.5 in)
- Ground Clearance: 130 mm ( 5.1 in)
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in)
- Curb Weight: 412 lb.
- Warranty: 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty